Hair Tips for Summer
Heading into the warmer months can be a rough time for your hair, especially if you spend a lot of time in the sun, salt water or chlorine. It is important that during the summer season, we treat our hair with the utmost care, as failing to look after your hair can end up leaving it looking like THIS:
The team at DNA Hair Extensions have come up with 5 tips for gorgeous, healthy hair all year round.
- Make sure you are using a great shampoo and conditioner for your hair – nothing protein based as this can actually damage your DNA Hair extensions. We recommend the X-Ten Shampoo and X-Ten Conditioner. Tip: Try using the X-Ten Conditioner as a once a week treatment and leave on for 10-15 mins with a hot towel over top to allow more moisture to enter the hair cuticle.
- Always use a heat protector prior to using any hot styling tools on your hair. This will make sure you aren’t damaging your hair and it will even help hold your style for longer during the night! We recommend the X-Ten Re-constructor Spray for extra protection and shine.
- Before going to bed try loosely braiding your DNA hair extensions. This avoids any tangles and knots from tossing and turning during the night.
- Try sleeping on a silk or satin pillow. This enables the hair to be able to breathe and move around smoothly and evenly whilst you get your beauty sleep.
- Give your hair a break. Use a soft scrunchie and tie your ponytail or bun very lightly at the top of your head in between your styling. Avoid using any tight elastic bands often, as this can cause hair breakage and put stress on your roots.
In our next post we will be showing you our favorite celebrity summer hairstyle trends.. stay tuned! xx